Light-O-Rama Forums

Wireless Linkers

chartrand

Guest wbottomley

chartrand wrote:

Will we need to update the firmware on the wireless linkers to support LORII?
More than likely everything will need a firmware upgrade with LORII. Dan... correct me if I'm wrong?

Mountainwxman wrote:

chartrand wrote:
Will we need to update the firmware on the wireless linkers to support LORII?
More than likely everything will need a firmware upgrade with LORII. Dan... correct me if I'm wrong?

The current plan for LOR II is to get it out as soon as possible. We want LOR II in peoples hands next month... Any later than that and it will be too late for people to use this year. The last thing anyone wants to do is upgrade software a month befor their show!

To accomplish the release date we will not be forcing a firmware upgrade. This will result in us skipping few enhancements in the initial release but it will make the roll out of LOR II much easier and trouble free.

Eventually there will be a need to update firmware BUT it is simply too much to release a major Software product and at the same time a major firmware upgrade. We will take this one step at a time and make everything a little easier on everyyone.

LightORamaDan wrote:

The current plan for LOR II is to get it out as soon as possible. We want LOR II in peoples hands next month...

NEXT MONTH!!!! Great news Dan....... maybe I'll get the best Birthday present in a long time :D My wife will NOT be pleased 'cos I shall be spending way too much time on LOR II.............then again :?

Yes! I think LOR II will be a great incentive for people get sequencing early!:D

Maybe, it'll be released on my birthday! What a wonderful present that would be!

lkcubsrule wrote:

Maybe, it'll be released on my birthday!

Just checked your profile. That's coming up pretty quick! That would be great if that happened, and I would applaud them. But at the same time, we don't want to rush it. It needs to be ready to go when they release it.

If it's not on your birthday, though...what a great late birthday present (or early Christmas present, depending on how you look at it).

As has been said many times and many places before, though...don't wait to start your sequencing (I should probably heed this advice myself). Go ahead and get a head start.

I'm excited for LORII this year but, I think with all the other things I have on the go this year I'll wait until 2008 to try it.

-Evan