Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel Grouping - non consecutive channels

Rabeiler

Is there a way to group non-consecutive channels into a group? The way my lot is setup (corner lot), there are lights on either side that I want to group together so that there is some light on when viewing from multiple angles. The LOR controllers are in different locations and it is not possible to configure the system where they are grouped together. It would be good if I could specify controller 1, channel 13 and controller 2, channel 6 to be in the same group for example. I have not found a way to do this. Is there a way?

You can use mutiple tracks and move the channels around so that you can group the ones you want. Depending on your licence level. I use 5 tracks in my sequences. that way i can change and move channels and groups as i please.

1. Master

2. elements by color

3. Audio timings

4. Talking faces

5. channels by color

Remeber to always leave the first track the way it is and only add channels to the bottom that way when you expand you can change the channel config in old sequence and not lose the work you have already done.

If your using the latest version of the software you can move your channels anywhere in the sequence editor by clicking the Channel name and sliding it up and down the list. it will move the whole channel then you can set your groups. all my channels are grouped by element and area but not by controller.

Edited by MCas4380