Light-O-Rama Forums

choice of LED's

PeKu

Ive read a few different post about where to buy good lights and although its too late for this year id like to know peoples preferance on where they buy their lights...THE BIG BOX STORES ARE GONNA GIVE ME ANOTHER HEART ATTACK hahahaha

If the lights are for next year I would wait for the sales coming up after the first of the year. There are several good companies that will post here about their sales. Personally, I use CDI but htere are several good, reputable ones here. I avoid the big box stores for my LED's as I don't know the quality ofthem. The pre-sale lights are very good quality!

Both recommendations are good for LEDs but I would put my vote for CDI. I have LEDs from both, some of which are on the house year round, and the Holiday light express had a higher failure rate. The ones from CDI seemed to be sealed better. I honestly can't remember having to change out CDI lights.

with all do respect to CDI their prices are a little rich for my Wallet! id gladly keep driving over to home depot for the od failure when i look a those prices yikes!!!

Please tell me what justifes these prices..im sincerly not being sarcastic just seems way out of line to me...

100 LED LIGHT SET C6 STYLE - BLUE (LEDC6B100)

New Pro-Grade™ LED mini lights are 120-volts, spaced on 4-inch centers with 100 lights on a 33-foot string. They use up to 9.6 watts per string and you are able to connect up to 21 strings!

List Price: $516.00

Our Price: $282.00

You Save: $234.00 (45%)

as so politely pointed out by Santas helper these are indeed case lot of 12..still costly for wholesale pricing

Edited by PeKu

That's case pricing. They don't do individual strings.

But I agree that CDI's prices are higher than probably all others.

Edited by George Simmons

That's case pricing. They don't do individual strings.

But I agree that CDI's prices are higher than probably all others.

Phew ok hahahaha didnt see that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please tell me what justifes these prices..im sincerly not being sarcastic just seems way out of line to me...

100 LED LIGHT SET C6 STYLE - BLUE (LEDC6B100)

New Pro-Grade™ LED mini lights are 120-volts, spaced on 4-inch centers with 100 lights on a 33-foot string. They use up to 9.6 watts per string and you are able to connect up to 21 strings!

List Price: $516.00

Our Price: $282.00

You Save: $234.00 (45%)

It would be nice and fair to CDI if you also included there are "12 strings" for that price, not to forget you can't get the 33 foot strings in big box stores.

So compare the length of light strands to what big box stores have, not CDI's 33 footers.

Also, CDI is having a big sale next month so it will be a better deal.

I guess having a heart attack as stated in your OP (purchasing big box store lights) isn't as big of a deal as paying a little more for MUCH better quality and direct customer service.

It would be nice and fair to CDI if you also included there are "12 strings" for that price, not to forget you can't get the 33 foot strings in big box stores.

So compare the length of light strands to what big box stores have, not CDI's 33 footers.

Also, CDI is having a big sale next month so it will be a better deal.

I guess having a heart attack as stated in your OP (purchasing big box store lights) isn't as big of a deal as paying a little more for MUCH better quality and direct customer service.

Lighten up santa! i admitted i didnt see they were case lot... as a matter of fact i did have a heart attack three weeks ago and was forced to shop close to home so those that offered to step in and help wouldnt be incovienenced..have a merry xmas santa

Lighten up santa! i admitted i didnt see they were case lot... as a matter of fact i did have a heart attack three weeks ago and was forced to shop close to home so those that offered to step in and help wouldnt be incovienenced..have a merry xmas santa

Yep, gotcha.

I was posting at the same time you made your confession.

I don't see having a heart attack a laughing matter (as you hahaha in your OP) as my father passed away "1 year ago tomorrow" of one.

Just be careful of pointing other company's products without providing ALL the details.

And I'm Santa's Helper, not Santa.

Please consider CDI's outstanding service. Last Saturday I emailed Paul regarding a failed strand (one out of 144). On Tuesday, I had a brand new strand in my possession and it didn't cost me a cent. Outstanding. I realize that everyone's budget is different, but the extra is worth it to me.

Brian

• Like 1