Light-O-Rama Forums

Restarting an old display

bigbth

It's been several years since I was at home to setup my display. I'm having trouble communicating with my MP3 due to a new computer so I can only verify that the old show is still on the memory card. If I set everything up (lights, controllers, everything) just like I had it before, will everything work? I can't even remember now what caused the show to start/stop.

I did create a list of all the lights and how they were connected to each box, but the control system is a little sketchy. I know this is wierd but thanks for your help,

Brian

I'm not an expert here yet but I think you'll need to re-establish the latest and greatest software and licensing of course. Then get your hardware drivers going for the USB serial interface. Then use the LOR Hardware software to detect your comm port and manually test the channels for operations through the controllers. From there, its all using the sequencer to update your files.

Will the stuff (MP3 and CTB16PCs) remember what time it is? I've hooked everything up and it is blinking as though it were waiting for the show to start. Could it still know what time it is?

Brian

Showtime Directors will hold the time for about 3 days with no power. After that, you need to reset the time on the unit.

If you don't have the software up and running, there is a way to manually set it. I think it's somewhere around pages 11-14 in the instructions. (Look on the LOR Site -> Support -> Downloads or something like that for the PDFs)

Okay, I used an older computer and was able to put a file in the SD card that contained the time. Plugged it into the MP3 and seems to have read the file. Thus, I believe the MP3 now has the correct time. Will the individual controllers remember who they are or should I just wait for when I think the show is supposed to start?

Brian

The time file on the SD card was read by the MP3 and the controllers all remembered their numbers. So the show is running! It simply amazes me, after all these years, that everything was still there.