Light-O-Rama Forums

Converting mp3 to .wav

smjosephrn

I've been sequencing using mp3 files and have been reading about a few problems using mp3 in LOR software. So, if I have problems with the files, how do I go about switching to .wav format. ( I know how to convert mp3 to .wav I need to know what I need to do to associate the converted music to my animations)

Bill Sawallisch Jr. wrote:

Why would you need to convert over to .wav?

Once you convert the music to a fixed 128 bit in mp3 there shoudn't be any problems?

Some people still run into issues. Keep in mind that when you play the sequence, Windows is having to decode and place the MP3. The .WAVs play with less CPU time, which in theory, on slower machines, can help out.

I ran MP3's in 05, and WAV's 06 on the same (really slow) machine. I didn't notice a problem.

I was thinking that in case I ran into any issues I could convert. My main computer is a dual core so it takes a LOT to slow it down. But the show computer will be an older Windows ME machine that I think is around 800mHz.

I need to start converting to .wav for my future projects.

Running a 700 htz machine for light show and had to switch it to .wav

I'm in the same boat thoe and like to program averything with my dual core machine with large flat screen, than transfer it to little tiny OLD laptop.

Hey Don,

I have the MP3Show 1602 Controller or what ever the number is.

I download evrything onto the SD card and away I go - that's probably why I had no problems like others.

• 2 months later...

I have been setting up my first year show and ran into the opposite. The first sequence in my show used a wav and the second and subsequent times through the show it skipped the sequence. I converted it to mp3 128 bit, no problems.