Light-O-Rama Forums

Number of channels per arch?

roknjohn

I use 7 channels. I'll bet you get several different answers but 7 works best for me, nice flow over the top. Besides that, the Godfather of LOR uses 7 I believe.

This is my first year and I went with seven for my two arches. I think that they work well with the number of channels.

Using seven was an experiment, and I used the sleeve method to construct them so I had flexibility if I wanted to add or take away segments. My arches currently are 7 sections over 10 feet; longer arches would need more channels in my humble opinion.

5 is the perfect fit for the 10 foot pvc. Note: depends on the string length. In my case each string nicely covered 2 feet. The arches look great in action.

Edited by Liberty-Laser

I use segments. 100 bulbs per segment. 13" long. 1 1/4" think wall sleeves over 3/4" sched 40.

I guess I left out the key part.

I use 9 segments/channels.

I think it all depends on the size of the arch. Several here of mentioned how long theirs is, and 7 sounds good for those. I have much shorter arches, so 5 works well for me.

They're out in the yard now, so can't confirm exactly. But seems I went with 7 feet in total length. Anchored in the ground approximately 3 feet wide, so the top of the arch is only knee-high or so.

Plan to go with larger, and more, arches in the future and at that time, will need to increase the # of channels or it will look "jumpy."

We retired some 9-segment single-color arches this year in favor of RGB arches using 5050 LED strips. The new arches are 10-segments each. This is because the most optimal cut length for the LED strips was at 10". Each segment consists of 2 strips that are laid next to each other. So each arch is 30 channels (10 segments times RGB).