Light-O-Rama Forums

Total RGB displays VS MIX

friskybri

RGB Displays for Christmas  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What displays look best for Christmas

• FULL RGB
    • RGB,LED Icicle Mix with props in the Yard(reindeer, Santa, angels)
    • LED Lights
    • Incons

This year I have been converting my display from incons to more LED and RGB. I have seen some displays that are total RGB. They look good but think they sure don't look like Christmas to me. Myself I think more of a mix of LED, RGB and props looks the best for Christmas. Whats your thought on it.

This year I have been converting my display from incons to more LED and RGB. I have seen some displays that are total RGB. They look good but think they sure don't look like Christmas to me. Myself I think more of a mix of LED, RGB and props looks the best for Christmas. Whats your thought on it.

I'm all incandescents except for our yellow and red C7 roof lights. I planned on doing a big RGB upgrade this year(even bought loads of lights) but had second thoughts. Besides having 50,000 spare incan. lights out in the shed... I/we just like the way they look.

Although for next year I do want to do one nice RGB showcase item. I do like how punchy the colors look... I just don't care for an extreme amount of it. Call me old fashion I guess. ;)

i decided not to vote becaue the reality is that this is very subjective and what appears nice to one person may appear to be ugly for another. I personally like an RGB display, but know that its a different look and feel to using traditional Christmas lights and then there are incands, again have their own feel and look.

i decided not to vote becaue the reality is that this is very subjective and what appears nice to one person may appear to be ugly for another. I personally like an RGB display, but know that its a different look and feel to using traditional Christmas lights and then there are incands, again have their own feel and look.

I agree. I remember 5-6 years ago when regular LED Christmas lights started to gain more traction and the number of people that didn't like the colors that they produced because they don't look like traditional incandescent bulbs. While I'm still a fan of any kind of lighted display, when done well, I personally like RGB. I like the amount of flexibility they give me, and they're just fun to play with. Beyond that, I don't have to spend hours chasing down loose bulbs every year. They either work or they don't. :)

• The topic was locked