Light-O-Rama Forums

hardware help anyone

minkhill

Well my show was set to start Dec 1 (this sat) and my #1 controller is not showing a led light at all here is what went down tonight. I am in my 3rd year and each year I purchase a new controller. Tonight I was seting up the new controller as #3 and dicided to make sure the ID was correct on my other 2. The new controller went through the setup as well as #2. When I pluged the #1 controller (2 years old) in the LED light was flashing. I then plugged the Cat 5 cable in and the LED light went cmpletly out. I have checked the fuses and show power on both sides coming in and leaving. The only thing that i did differant was i used a cable that I robbed from the TIVO to keep from unhooking the other cables. I have checked all the connections The only thing that I can tell is the transformer smells a little hot and the other 2 controllers dont. My computor sees the 2 controlllers but not the one .

questions: Is there any other trouble shooting I can do?

Anybody use LOR repair service and how quick of a turnaround?

Would I be better off purchasing a new one ?

Any advice

I have tried the one that is connected to the other controller and still nothing.

Have you just tried to see if the hardware program can see the controller by it self. Have you checked the fuses?

checked fuses 118 volts on each side and the computor does not see the controller. The light on the controller does nothing when I unplug the data cord from the other 2 they blink this one does not lightup at all.

OMG thats horrible. I have no advice cuz I dont know... I know I had an issue with my one I bought from LOR (got two more used from someone) it had a bad chip or something. They had to replace it....not just cuz of the warranty but because they couldn't fix it. They were really good about it..but from start to finish took about a month cuz I had to send emails back and forth to try things first. I know it bites...but if you want it to go off in a week you might have to buy one and work on getting the one fixed. Maybe they can do expedited shipping? I'd be devestated. I know how much work goes into it. Anyway... in whatever happens, good luck. I hope it works out.