Light-O-Rama Forums

One channel of 16 not working BUT...

Bud Bray

Channel 5 works when using hardware prog but doesn't when running a show???? I've checked the sequences i'm running and all good and when I switch lights to another channel all good. Just channel 5 won't play. Any ideas? Remember noob here.

Bud

So you've checked your sequences, but have you looked at the channel config itself to ensure what you have labeled as channel 5 is truly mapped to channel 5 (both correct unit ID, and channel)?

Sequence editor->tools->channel configuration

Yep all fixed! SOMEHOW channel 5 was set to controller 02...I don't have controller 02! All fixed! Sheesh! Thanks everyone who responded (Racemedic), ya i'm a NOOB but i CAN be taught!

Thanks,

Bud

Yep all fixed! SOMEHOW channel 5 was set to controller 02...I don't have controller 02! All fixed! Sheesh! Thanks everyone who responded (Racemedic), ya i'm a NOOB but i CAN be taught!

Thanks,

Bud

It's a very easy error to make and not catch. I've done it when I redo my sequences and move controllers and items in my display around to different channels and controllers and go update the sequence.

What liked to drive me crazy was I had 3 areas just recently set to the same controller # and same channel # and kept trying to figure out why those 3 sections of the display weren't working. I kept looking at the channel buttons, but not the actual channel configuration file, once I printed that out, then I found my blunder. And I've been doing this for 3 years now myself, and I just made this mistake a few days before my show officially started Thanksgiving night.

So it can happen to anyone, it's just so easy to do, and then not even realize you did it until you see something not working, then start wondering why that prop or the light strand isn't working in your display..

Edited by Orville