Light-O-Rama Forums

Types of lights

dkoehler42

I know I'm a bit late this year, especially since I didn't get to do the Halloween show. I'm looking for lights that either chase or change color. I'm aware light rope with a controller or the Cosmic Color Ribbon will do that, but that might be out of my price range. Also, I'm looking to move lights up where there is no gutter. Any suggestions?

Suggestion: wait til next year. Not trying tobe smart or anything, but most everybody started tonight or tomorrow night with a few others starting on the 1st. Study up and do it next year

Guest wbottomley

I know I'm a bit late this year, especially since I didn't get to do the Halloween show. I'm looking for lights that either chase or change color. I'm aware light rope with a controller or the Cosmic Color Ribbon will do that, but that might be out of my price range. Also, I'm looking to move lights up where there is no gutter. Any suggestions?

Too late for the party unless you want to be Superman. At this point, you'll experience grief and tons of frustration because of user error in hardware and software usage. Plan for next year and you'll be ahead of the game.

I was in the same boat last year. I wanted the look and feel of CCRs, but too much for me. I discovered RGB pixels and haven't looked back. Check out the E1.31 board for more info, or send me a PM and I can share more details of where I get hardware from.

And as far as this year, I agree with others. Unfortunately, you're out of time to build a display that you'd be happy with.

A quick shift here, how do you guys mount lights on windows?

I use spring loaded curtain rods on the upper and lower part of the window. Thay way no drilling is needed.

Good luck on making something happen

I use spring loaded curtain rods on the upper and lower part of the window. Thay way no drilling is needed.

Good luck on making something happen

How do you mount the lights to the rods?

Edited by dkoehler42

• The topic was locked