Light-O-Rama Forums

What's the sequence you were sick of when you finished it?

Randytenn

It's my first year sequencing, so I've been learning as I go: What makes a good sequence? What doesn't work? How many different ways can I flash the channels I have?

The sequence I truly grew to hate while I was working on it is "Hot Chocolate" from Polar Express. It's so redundant. "Hot Hot, We Got It" repeated a million times. I was so glad when I clicked "Save" on it for the last time.

So, what sequences really tested your patience?

I don't know if this counts, but my answer would be Grinch. The first year I did custom sequencing I tried twice to sequence it for customers and had to bail both times. Never could stand the song anyway...

For my own sequences, I don't think I've ever felt that way about a song that I completed the sequencing for. The ones I got tired of hearing or just weren't that into never got finished.

I have been trying to do a version of Carol of the Bells for 6 years now.

Even though I love the song and the version, I had a block that I could not get through.

I even tried to do it for a customers display thinking that a change of display might help. But I still could not get through it.

The other one I was really tired of was "Baby It's Cold Outside" by Vanessa WIlliams. It's got a funk beat, so there is something to work with, but it's the same funk beat throughout. I try to make sure my lights have some type of dynamics to them, but this song became a real "Cut/Paste" sequence. And i ended up having to flash sets of lights for the two singers, which I don't like doing, but otherwise, there would have been nothing there. I only did it because my LOR partner's wife requested it.

I don't know if this counts, but my answer would be Grinch. The first year I did custom sequencing I tried twice to sequence it for customers and had to bail both times. Never could stand the song anyway...

For my own sequences, I don't think I've ever felt that way about a song that I completed the sequencing for. The ones I got tired of hearing or just weren't that into never got finished.

That was the first song that i tried to program( Newbie). I did not know how to just play a section of a song, so i was playing the entire song over and over. :blink: I feel like i could quote that entire song, but luckly i figured out how to just play sections so i think my nerves are saved. :D