Light-O-Rama Forums

Using my dads old song sequences with LightoRama 1.5.0

LightingTheWay

I have a show already put together by my father who has passed away. We wanted to recreate the show in our new home. However when we loaded the program on our computer (lightoRama 1.5.0) and added the show, we dont get any sound? We have added the show to the schedule editor. Shouldnt it just play through the computer speakers? We are slightly computer illiterate unfortunately...dad didnt pass on those genes. I know it is an older version of the software, but the show was made with the older version. Any ideas on how i may be able to troubleshoot this? We dont have any lights hooked up or anything yet. Just wanted to see if it would work before attaching anything....Thanks in advance.

Try opening the sequences in the Sequence Editor. From there, hit "Play" and see if the sequences will play there. If not, I'm going to guess you got an error about not being able to find the audio file. If that's the case, then click "Edit -> Media File"(*) and choose the MP3/WAV file again.

You should be able to hit play and have the sequence play for you. Once that happens, then the sequences should play in the show just fine.

* It's been years since I've touched S1. That should be there, though.

Hmm. not getting the option to do this. Here is what i tried. I open sequence editor. file open and select a sequence out of the show i have saved on my computer. It flicks through a couple screens really fast then just pops up the window stating "error opening file." I cant highlight the file or anything to change it in the editor. I AM able to play the samples in the same LOR drop down tab as my sequences-but there is no sound attached?....does that make sense?? Im not sure how i would get to the screen where id be able to choose the mp3/wav file. The sequences i have are saved as .lms files. Does that mean anything to you?? Thanks for your reply :)

I've never seen anything but S3 so I sure don't know about S1. However, in S3, under the edit pulldown in the sequence editor there is a "media" file item to select where you have the mp3 or wav file. My guess is the file assigned to the sequence isn't in the the correct location that your dad programmed it from.

Hmm. not getting the option to do this. Here is what i tried. I open sequence editor. file open and select a sequence out of the show i have saved on my computer. It flicks through a couple screens really fast then just pops up the window stating "error opening file." I cant highlight the file or anything to change it in the editor. I AM able to play the samples in the same LOR drop down tab as my sequences-but there is no sound attached?....does that make sense?? Im not sure how i would get to the screen where id be able to choose the mp3/wav file. The sequences i have are saved as .lms files. Does that mean anything to you?? Thanks for your reply :)

Don pointed your problem to me as I still work with S1 or 1.5.0

I will contact you thru a PM of my email and phone number.

I'm sure we can fix this rather quick for you.

Tom

P. S. I just wanted to say, I'm sorry to hear the loss of your dad. I lost mine this time last year (Nov 29th).

Edited by Santas Helper

Its really cool and honorable that you are continuing his hobby, dream or just fun that he had doing this. Hopefully our own kids and grandkids will feel the same some day.

Hey guys! I'm the sister of LightingTheWay :) Our dad actually passed almost 4 years ago (Jan) from cancer. We have been putting on the show since his passing and collecting money for the American Cancer Society. We collected over $7,000! Unfortunately, our mom could no longer afford the house and had to move this year. Since neither of us have a big enough yard to use all 48 of the channels he did, we are splitting it up and both trying to make it work at both of our houses this year. We don't want to have to go a year without it!!

I know my dad was a member here but I don't know what his username was. I think that the problem we are having is that the CD we have is LORI but I am convinced that he upgraded and a lot of his sequences were made using LORII. That is why we can't get them to play on our computer. I downloaded the demo version and was able to ge them to play. Hopefully just purchasing the license will make it all work! Lucily, our brother is pretty handy and should be able to help with all of the connections.

Here is a link to one of Dad's sequences that I recorded the year before last. http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Zi3SVpCApzI

I know that this forum is going to be so helpful in our journey this year. Thank you all for your help so far and for the future help that I am sure we will need! :)

-Becky

• Like 1

im guessing my father was a member here? It was almost like a full time hobby/job ;) We continued the light show when he passed away in 2009 and took donations for the American Cancer Society. We called it Lighting the way to a cure. We raised( over the past 3 years) 10 thousand dollars-100% proceeds to the ACS. It was a pretty amazing show. At one point we had 2 other neighbors joining in with wireless connections. So i know its possible to continue this! But this year his computer crashed, mom moved, etc. Making it a little more difficult. Its neat to look in to all of this stuff now. I never knew how much time, energy,dedication, skill it took in to making such a sweet show!! I am curious if it wouldn't be more beneficial to just buy a new program. Would i be able to play his sequences on a new one? Tom, thanks for your reply! I wll message you to see if we cant figure this out! I kind of have an idea?? I think he started with this software and upgraded online with his license?? Which is why they arent loading?? we shall see! we wrote in to try and get his license...

I think that the problem we are having is that the CD we have is LORI but I am convinced that he upgraded and a lot of his sequences were made using LORII. That is why we can't get them to play on our computer. I downloaded the demo version and was able to ge them to play. Hopefully just purchasing the license will make it all work! Lucily, our brother is pretty handy and should be able to help with all of the connections.

That’s what I was thinking. When LOR 2 came out I think there were several versions that were free if you had an old license. Some of them I think can still be downloaded if you can prove ownership. But, you might end up having to purchase a license (actually two for both of you) to use the sequences. I believe newer versions of LOR can open any older version sequence.

I’d tell you to post a sequence so we could try to figure out what version it was created in. But, you’re in good hands with Don.

Good luck with your shows :)

Forgot to mention, the software is the cheapest part of this hobby. If you would decide to just bite the bullet and purchase it, the link is below. If the demo was capable of opening his sequences, you should be able to open, edit, save, run (and share) them once you have a license.

http://store.lightorama.com/software1.html

FYI....

All users of S1 were granted a free ADVANCED license to S2. I would think about upgrading to at least that. For another $30, you can be on S3 the latest and greatest.

If you PM me your Father's Name, or if you have it eMail address, I'll see if I can find his license number for you.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Santas Helper.

Sorry to butt in on this conversation, but I have the same software and version (1.5) and the same issue happening with Vista. Will not play the mp3 files in the sequence editor. Could i please ask for your assistance also.

Cheers

Phil

Hi Santas Helper.

Sorry to butt in on this conversation, but I have the same software and version (1.5) and the same issue happening with Vista. Will not play the mp3 files in the sequence editor. Could i please ask for your assistance also.

Cheers

Phil

Absolutly Phil.

I will send you a PM on contact info.

Hi Santas Helper.

Cheers

Phil

All users of S1 were granted a free ADVANCED license to S2. I will gladly help any of you locate your license for S2 if you are still running S1 ;)