Light-O-Rama Forums

Staking controllers in the yard.

bblumka

I have the CTB16PC controllers. So the controller housing is plastic. What I would like to do is put a metal stake/fence post in the ground and attach the controller to it to keep it off the ground and in an upright position whilst in the weather. My yard is small and I'm in town so I don't want to dig out a hole for a 4X4 wooden post as it will be just temporary and then I would have to try to get grass growin there next spring just to dig it up again come this time next year. I am also concerned with how I will attach it as it doesn't seem to me that there are any good places to attach the controller to the stake. If anyone has any pictures or ideas on this. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

i use controller stands from WowLights, minimal damage to the lawn yet it keeps them up and off the ground.

cost ain't too bad, I think they are $25-30 per each.

Edited by caniac

I use t-stakes with a board screwed to the t-stake. Then i screwed the box to the board. If you open your control box and look towards top you will see 4 spots you can screw through. Sorry no pic.

I ended up mounting my controllers to two 2x4's that were 24" long and then attached them to those cheap wood stakes you can get at HD or Lowes. Kept everything off the ground. Very cheap and easy.

No need to overcomplicate (or overspend).

I have a 1x2 with a cross-board on the top. The 1x2 has a point on it. I bang it in the ground , and with a single drywall screw hang the controller from the top of the 'T'.

You can see a couple of them in this picture:

530899_358590604237496_147362483_n.jpg

Edited by Tim Fischer
  • Like 1

Like you I live in town and have a small yard. I just lay the controllers on the ground and cover them with a shallow tote turned upside down and painted black. Everything is padlocked to a chain which runs under the leaves. The tote also covers all the dongles and connections.

I picked up my 3G controller stand from their warehouse on Tuesday. Wife wasn't to happy about how I cut out the shrubs to make it fit, but it looks ok to me. post-10420-13535993636397_thumb.jpg

After a little more wire management it will look a lot better.