Light-O-Rama Forums

Number of Sequence per Show

indi

Does anyone have suggestions on how many sequences should a typical show have. I have scheduled the following:

1 minute intro

9 songs

10 minute intermission (where just the gutter lights are on).

Then everything starts over.

This is my first year of doing this.

Thanks

I'll be using somewhere around 50 musical sequences this year. I've heard of people who use only two or three. Depends on what you want.

If you search the forums here there are numerous threads on this. What you will find is that people have anywhere from 2 or 3 songs to dozens of songs in their show and some even do a different show each night. It really depends on what you like, what the traffic is like at your house ( do you need to do a shorter show to keep the cars moving) and how much sequencing you have done. Some people run the same show every year, some do a completely new one each year... the rest are somewhere in between.

I think the bottom line is that there is no "typical" show. Do what you, your family, and your vistors like! Have fun and don't forget to post videos for us!

I guess I'll wait and see if it cause too much problems. If the traffic backs up too much, I'll put an 5 or 10 minute intermission after three songs. I don't think I'll have too many stop, but I guess it;s a wait and see.

Thanks

Currently 16 songs with a few still in the works, the new songs won't be ready by Thanksgiving opening, but 16 are ready to rock and roll.

I usually have between 17 to 21 songs that runs about 40 minutes to an hour show, no breaks or intermissions as I don't like having folks wait for the next show to start, so my show runs continually from 5pm-12am {yes, midnight} 7 days a week. I have outside speakers and an FM Transmitter, outside speakers are turned off at 10pm.

Guest wbottomley

I guess I'll wait and see if it cause too much problems. If the traffic backs up too much, I'll put an 5 or 10 minute intermission after three songs. I don't think I'll have too many stop, but I guess it;s a wait and see.

Thanks

If this is your first year, I'm sure that won't be a problem. Why not run the show continuous?

I run 6 songs every night, continuously. Hoever it's not always the same 6 songs. Keeps the traffic moving, but if you have come back to see the show again, you might see something different from the last time.

• The topic was locked