Light-O-Rama Forums

Speaker Volume off of MP3

Herbaclaus

Ok. I have a wireless speaker out there but max volume is horrible. Do I need to run an amp off of the Mp3 or can I increase the volume of the song?

And how close to the street do you guys run your speakers? Im going to have to be right out on the street.....

Thanks.

Herb

I just run a single speaker (a small organ speaker I got out of a church years ago) off of a single channel 70 watt amp.

In order to get both "sides" of the stereo music-I run each side through a 10K resistor and sum that to the input of the amp.

You don't want to just parallel the 2 sides (if running a mono speaker), since each side will load down the other side-which can cause disttortion at best-and actually damage the output driver at worse.

I don't run my music loud-just enough to be easily heard on the street-and not to annoy the neighbors. I also have a FM transmittler for people in the cars/

Thanks. I've got the FM transmitter in transit. That will be good. Added an amp today and dumped my powered wireless speaker. My yard is real deep and i may have to push the speaker forward.

I purchased 5 pre mares from LOR and am surprised that their volumes vary so much! You would think I'd only have that issue off of my own downloads and sequences. I wonder if anyone knows how to regulate the volume in the sequencing Ap?