Light-O-Rama Forums

Hardware utility can't find one of my LOR boxes

sirrob28

Tonight we finally got to connect our display to our 4 LOR boxes and our ccr. Well it goes to figure that the first box wasn't recogniced.The light stop flashing and all the other boxes worked and the ccr worked fine but the first box wouldn't work. Does anyone have any ideas what would cause this and any solutions?

I'd like to know the answer to this as my unit 01 won't work when using mini director but works when using computer.

sirrob,

Did I read that right? Your problem controller has no status light? BTW what controller do you have? I am myself not very well versed in some of the newer controllers and the green and red status LEDs. But with the older PC versions with just the one red LED. If it is not lit. Then for what ever reason you do not have power to the 9-16 side of the board. Check the fuse for the right hand side and if the plug for this side is plugged in and there is power to that socket that the plug is in.

Well, upon futher review, come to find out this is actually a d-light control box. My brother purchased this thing thinking it was a light o rama box. So I have been looking around and from what I can gather this should still work with the LOR software, but I have no idea how. If anyone can help us out here it would be great. For the light red situation, it blinks when plugged it, but when I run the LOR hardware it goes solid red.

Well, upon futher review, come to find out this is actually a d-light control box. My brother purchased this thing thinking it was a light o rama box. So I have been looking around and from what I can gather this should still work with the LOR software, but I have no idea how. If anyone can help us out here it would be great. For the light red situation, it blinks when plugged it, but when I run the LOR hardware it goes solid red.

There is a driver or something that you have to download from d-light. I can't remember exactly what it was though. I have a D-light DC controller in my show and had to download it for it to work with my LOR software. It is something similar to the LOR hardware utility.

Thanks guys,well I went to the website and downloaded the hardware utility but still getting the same result. The red light will stop flashing once the hardware utility starts but I still can't get any of the lights to come on and either of the utilities can find the box :( any suggestions?

Thanks guys,well I went to the website and downloaded the hardware utility but still getting the same result. The red light will stop flashing once the hardware utility starts but I still can't get any of the lights to come on and either of the utilities can find the box :( any suggestions?

http://www.d-light.us/forum/

Check the unit ID, you may have two controllers with the same number or check that the first controller is not defined as unit 00.

When the LED stops blinking and stays on this tell you that there is communication from the computer to the controller.