Light-O-Rama Forums

really dumb question

calypso11

my first year with this decided to start with a 64 channel conf , my problem is now trying to enable my show , I've tried control panel I get nothing looked through and searched my butt off before I asked such a newbie question thanks for the help in advance

Have you used the show editor to create and save a show, used the scheduler editor to tell LOR when to start and end your show, run a song or 2 using the sequence editor with "control lights" on to verify that your wiring is good and your setup is getting commands from your computer, turned the power on to your controllers, verified that the cat5 cable running from your computer to the 1st controller is good, loaded the correct USB driver for your computer operating system, run the hardware utility to make sure the comm port is active and LOR is seeing all your controllers. That's all I can think of to check right now.

Good luck

yes to everything besides running a song or 2 , i will try and let you know what happens . and i thought programming the sequences was hard , you would think it was all down hill from there lol

Make sure that you have built at least one show, and your shows are scheduled. (See show editor or simple show builder and the schedule editor).

Make sure you have the control panel loaded. If not, find it and double click it - this will load it.

Once you have the control panel loaded, you should see a light bulb in the system tray (lower right corner). It is probably red. Right click it, and you will get a menu. Select the option to enable shows. Assuming that all is well, the light bulb should change color to blue.

I usually use the option that causes the control panel to load when the computer starts.

The advice ainsworth posted above is good advice.

Jerry

thank you I will try I just got home from work and getting right into this , my first year and im a contractor by trade so building props easy . computer problem lol, took me about 50 hours to program 5 songs and still not perfected but gonna have to do for my first show thanks for the help