Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem reconizing port and/or unit

Norbert

I've had this problem the past few years and usually after several days, etc and multiple attempts it works. A have my very basis 32 channel show programmed. I plug in my controller, connent cat 5 to controller, orther end to adapter (cat5 to USB) supplied by LOR and then plug into usb on computer. The controller light continues to flash, it does not change to "Steady light". It does not reconize the unit or controller. I only run a standalone program. I have not tried a reset, which I will tonight. Any suggestion, I have to get corrected ASAP.

Sincerely,

Norbert

This sounds similar to the issue I had in the beginning. With the sequence editor and everything else closed bring up the hardware utility, open the console and see if you can bring the lights up manually.

I never opened the box before when I was having the issue but when I did this the lights started working again and I didn't have any issues till I put it away for a while and came back to it.

Eventually my USB485 failed and I have not had any issues since that was replaced.