Light-O-Rama Forums

EDM transmitter

Wynell Lewis

Any advice will be appreciated. I purchased a EDM transmitter (TX-LCD-EP) to use with my display this year. My station is 90.3 (which is an open station in my area) it has a lot of static and I am transmitting about 150 feet to 200 feet. I have it set up within 3 feet of my MP3 player and my antenna is by it - all on an open porch. What do I need to do different for it to be clearer?

This is my first year and first ever with an EDM transmiiter or any transmitter for that matter. I found that as long as the antenna was plugged in before you turned on the EDM, that helps a lot. Plus making sure the antenna wire is stretched out and suspended in the air away from anything metal or grounded, this helps a lot as well. Turn down the audio to it if you are hearing loud crackling type sounds in the receiver speakers or turn up the volume if it receiver volume is too low. On your computer, make sure you are looking at the sound "mixer" controls too so you can adjust and find the sweet-spot for your setup.

• The topic was locked