Light-O-Rama Forums

Bunny Trouble?

TheUltimate

Hi All,

Last night I witnessed a cute little bunny checking out my mini trees. He/She didn't do anything but it got me thinking... Should I be doing anything to deter said bunny from snacking when real food becomes scarce in the winter?

your thoughts.

Bunnies LOVE mini lights. When they chomp on them you'll swear it wasn't a bunny, but a pair of wire cutters.

As for deterring them, I don't know if there is much you can do. They are far too cute to harm/trap/etc. I would instead be ready with a bunch of butt connectors and a wagging finger (to scold said bunny).

Provide a nearby better source of food?

Either that or energize you mini-trees with about 10,000 volts - OK, not a good safety idea...

Is there a law against trafficking rabbits? Tye-Dye it and sell it on the blackmarket as a special holiday species. :)

Moth balls DON'T work. I used boxes of them last year, even saw the rabbit sitting on them. Then in the spring you have what looks like hail in your yard and it still smells like mothballs! If you can't shoot the fury f......rs, live trap them and take em for a drive, especially an open field where hawks like roam, hey, they gotta eat too! I've already been trapping rabbits and squirrels to relocate to avoid the hassles I had last year.

Poor bunnies!

Now those tree rat squirrels.... You can kill as many of them as you like.

Unfortunately I won't eat them any more since I read they were high in cholesterol.

Unfortunately I won't eat them any more since I read they were high in cholesterol.

Oh but Mike, switch to lite beer and it all evens out. :D

Poor bunnies!

It's best if you don't listen to the NY do-gooders, telling you what's good or bad for you. In a few months they'll flip their minds and tell you the reverse is better. Everyone's gotta die of something, might as well enjoy it!

• The topic was locked