Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights staying on after show ends in 3.8.0

k6ccc

Last weekend I noticed the overnight landscaping lights were on when I got up. Had to shut down the show player to get them to turn off. The next day, same thing happened. I will point out that my overnight lighting is a 4 minute animation sequence that runs all night. In that sequence, the lights slowly fade up and down, but never turn off. When the schedule ends for the night, the show would immediately shut down as expected, and the lights would turn off. Now they are staying on. I started thinking about what had changed and I realized that the only change in the previous few days was I had upgraded the show computer to LOR version 3.8.0. Anyone else seeing this?

I also understand that there are several "fixes" for this change. Yesterday I added a shutdown sequence that turns off all the lights, but intentionally for a test, leaves a fan that I can monitor remotely on. Sure enough, this morning after getting to work I pulled up my security camera system and watched the lights faded down as expected. The fan was still running. I just added the fan to the shutdown sequence so I expect the fan to stop tomorrow morning on schedule.

BTW, I consider the ability to have lights stay on at the end of the show to be an advantage, so I'm not complaining at all.

Perhaps your show's "Turn used lights off at the end of sequence" is not enabled. You can check via the Show Editor.

Note that there is actually more than one of these, each for different sections of the show, and they're independent of each other. For example, there's one in the "Shutdown" section, and there's another in the "Musical" section.

I know about that and it was easy to add a shutdown sequence to do exactly that. My point is that prior to 3.8, when the show was over the lights went off regardless of that setting (they would stay on between sequences, but off at the end of the show - or shows). And while troubleshooting a problem I was having with the inability to have lights stay on between sequences, I was told by the help person that the lights would always go dark at the end of the show, and that was not controllable. I am happy for the change, it just was not expected.