Light-O-Rama Forums

newb question...anxious to get working...waiting for first controller

b8man0674

hello everyone... i am excited to finally be getting my first controller...i have not put my lights up in five years because i was bored with the same old display. i finally have ordered my first unit and await its delivery as i type this. i am downloading the software currently, and would like to start tinkering but i have a question as i plan this out.if i want to make my lights that are on lor, static at times, with the rest of my display, is that possible?for instance i only have one controller and will use most of those channels on one tree.i am gonna have my house on all the time, can i have the tree lit always, and then go into show mode at certain times? thx for any help, mike

If you want to have the LOR portions of your display static at times, you need only create an animation sequence that is 'All-On.' That means all 16 channels would need to be on during that time.

You could then create two different shows. One musical, the other 'animation' only. Thus when the musical is set to run, the lights go with the music. When the animation runs, the lights would be on, just like the other lights in your display.

thx for the info...sounds easy enough....however i have been tinkering for a cpl hours now and not sure exactly how this stuff works...do you know is there a tutorial somewhere that shows you what all the functions are and how to use them...been watching youtube but its hard to follow cuz most of those guys are using sequences already made...i need info from the get go...on how to even start...got the music...but thats about all i figured out so far...im a little slow