Light-O-Rama Forums

cool mega tree sequencing?

paralegalnc

anyone got cool mega tree sequencing? I am trying to come up with some more songs for an after Christmas show... anyone got some megatree sequencings to share?

How many channels do you have on your mega? 1 color or more?

well its all 1 color... I have it in only 8 wedges...I know people don't have just 8 but I mix and match. I have run out of ideas on what to do with it... I've played with intensity... foreground/backgroud... just want to see if there is something different so anything will help

I elected to use Multi colored LEDs on mine but its 32 channels, 16 spiraled one direction and 16 the other. So far in my initial tests, it looks great. So far, immediate family comments on it are real nice too. Everyone loves it.

I elected to use Multi colored LEDs on mine but its 32 channels, 16 spiraled one direction and 16 the other. So far in my initial tests, it looks great. So far, immediate family comments on it are real nice too. Everyone loves it.

id love to see a video of that..i was considering two directions but wasnt sure howd it look. would you be willing to share the sequence?

Its sequenced in lots of songs, different ways for different songs. I will have a video of it posted once I do a video but as of right now, first light up for real isn't till 11/23. Again though, mine is "multi" LEDs and not individual strings. Sequencing was simple based upon the intent. Such as the "Music Box Dancer", I start in there by spiraling one string, then in the second verse of the song, I spiral two strings opposite of each other, then the third verse I add one more and finish off will all of them. Other songs, I'm turning them all on at once or fading them on/off together, then spiral as desired. Some spirals, I'll turn the whole tree on, but sprial off say two strings, doing the spriraling by turning them off...different effect but it looks nice as well. In the one sequence that I did purchase, "Believe", the channel setup from the originator worked out real nice in respect to my megatree in that it turns part of the tree on and flashes parts of it which makes it look like its in a dream as such. Hard to explain but the effect was perfect.