Light-O-Rama Forums

lpx file?

hirsch014

i searched and surprisingly didn't find an answer, so sorry if i just missed it. I've been making sequences for 3 years now, starting with 16 channels, up to 48 now. so i'd classify myself as "an experienced beginner". i had never changed an audio file (selected a different file) after creating a sequence, until now. i wanted to just add a couple seconds of silent time on the end, so i used audacity to add some silence to the end of the original song and replaced the audio file in the sequence (new filename). everything appears to be fine. the sequence opens, the timings are still right on, etc. BUT, i noticed every single song i've used in the past has a corresponding .lpx file (song_name.mp3.lpx) in the same folder as the original .mp3 file. i didn't ever know what it was, but when I changed the song this time, there's now no associated .lpx file with the new .mp3 file. i moved the original .mp3 file and its associated .lpx file to another folder to see if it still worked, and it appears to work just fine. but it makes me nervous that i might be missing a file that's somehow necessary. I haven't set up the hardware yet and so haven't tested it that far through, but my timeline is crammed now and i'm worried i might run into issues at the last minute with this missing file. anyone know what the lpx file is, what its needed for, and if i need to do something to make it create another one with the new audio file? i'm using basic plus license on version 3.1.4. thanks!

Off the top of my head, lpx is an internal file that is created when you use the Beat or VU wizard. It is used to help speed things up the next time you use those tools. If it is deleted the next time you use one of those tools it will be re-created.

I thought the lpx file was related to the wave form.

Whatever it is, if you delete it, it does indeed get recreated the next time you open the sequence in the Sequence Editor.