Light-O-Rama Forums

What's going on at the LOR office?

EvilM0nkey

And what happens when you get 1,000 calls all at the same time? Obviously someone is going to wait till you can be there, you can't be at 1,000 places at once. :) We all know the feeling...... but it is LOR's busiest time of the year!

---Michael

Those guys need some serious holiday help even if it's just to sort through the emails and calls.

:)

And yes as a matter of fact I am on call 24/7 365. If somebody calls and needs my services I drag myself out of bed and hop in the truck.

But thats really irrelevant to the discussion at hand. LOR does not represent themselves as offering 24/7/365 service, and therefore is not expected to provide it.

You'll find the best solution to eye twitches and components failing at the most inopportune time is to make the investment in a spare controller (assuming thats the failure you experienced) and truly keep it as a spare--on the shelf, not part of the display unless another controller craps out. Same mindset goes for the 485 converters...

Edited by GaryM

And yes as a matter of fact I am on call 24/7 365. If somebody calls and needs my services I drag myself out of bed and hop in the truck.

Let's keep things in perspective. We all love the blinking lights and the things that make it all happen. Many hours and dollars are thrown at our projects. The end result is lots of smiles and an immense sense of accomplishment. However, at the end of the day it is simply a lighting display. That might be considered blasphemy 'round these parts... ;) No matter what is wrong; no matter how detrimental it may be, it is only Christmas lights we are talking about. None of our potential issues would take the oxygen out of the atmosphere.

LOR has been great on the pair of occasions I have needed assistance. And both of them were my fault, not theirs, yet they still went above and beyond to take care of me. And neither time did they wake up out of bed to take care of an issue, nor would I expect that. This is a stressful time of year for us as decorators, and it is for them as well as suppliers. The LOR team performs well, and has customer service that very few come close to matching. If only the car dealers had service like LOR...

This is the last I am going to comment on the subject. A lot of you are picking and choosing my comments to make an argument when you miss the rest of the point.

The fact is I have not shared the conversation that I had with them with the forum because I do not think that would be appropriate. The only reason I bumped the thread before was to mention that it had indeed been solved in case somebody found this in the future.

I'm glad that most of you have had great experience with their customer service. With my job being 75% customer service I can appreciate that. However I can't say that I received the level of customer service that I have been reading so much about. That's all there is to it. Hopefully one day I will get to experience that.

Yes my problem was solved under warranty and I ended up with extra parts. A++ for that.

The issue is that it took a week and a half to solve an issue that could have been done in a few days. Even with the busy season.

I'm glad that most of you have had great experience with their customer service. With my job being 75% customer service I can appreciate that. However I can't say that I received the level of customer service that I have been reading so much about. That's all there is to it. Hopefully one day I will get to experience that.

Did you use the help desk? If so, what was your ticket number so I can take a look at how things happened.

I have been personally working the help desk system from 8:30AM - 11PM EDT Monday-Saturday, and 8:30AM - 1PM & 7PM-11PM Sundays (I like my Sunday dinner with my Parents).