Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding a second controller

spindler88

I am trying to add a second controller and for some reason in the LOR Hardware I will select unit to configure and it says 02-unknown device??? What does that mean? I will connect both controllers and it will not recognize my second one. I did assign a new unit ID changed it to 02 tested fine but will not work when I run my sequence. What am I doing wrong?

When you change the unit ID did you first hit refresh in the HW? Then you go down to change existing ID and change the ID #. Finally log out of HW then log in and hit refresh to see if you changed the ID.

Columbus27 After I reset the controller again I tried that and the same message came up. If I reset the controller and play one of my sequences that controller will work as 01 controller with m y other 01 controller.Do you think there is something wrong with the controller? Should I take it back to LOR?

There might be something wrong with the controller.

When you refresh the controller in the HW does it come up as controller 2? If so try to create a simple animation sequence with controller 2 to see if its the sequence. And also restart your computer to see if that helps.

#5 shfr26, yes I only had the one hooked up.Columbus27 i am not sure I will have to try that when I get home from work. Thank you for your help.

I want to say thank You to everyone who helped. The problem was in the sequence for the 02 controller it had channels 17 to 32 instead of 1-16. Thanks again. You guys are awsome