Light-O-Rama Forums

I've been out of it for a while.

Dan C

Hey everyone, just thought I'd stop in and say Hi.

I've been lurking in and out but kind of stayed out of the forum lately. I've been in Phoenix working most of the summer at Intel so I haven't been able to do much with the hobby this year. Now that I'm back, I'm finding myself scrambling to get things done before the show starts. I've got so much to do and no time to do it. I'm sure a lot of you are in the same boat.

I can't help but feel overwhelmed at all the changes that happened this year. The new forum layout is a little hard to get used to still. All the new RGB stuff that's out there looks amazing. I feel like I'm getting left behind. Not to mention Native DMX support? I haven't even begun to dabble in that stuff yet. And all the new comers to the forum/addiction, Welcome to you all!

Here's an update of what I'm adding this year to the display. I'm up to 184 channels now...

1. 10' light pole with 9 channels and a star at the top with 4 different sizes stars lit by RGB led strip lights. -All individually controllable. -custom built.

2. 40 Green and Red candy canes to line the driveway and sidewalk/yard. -Broken out into 4 channels for chase sequences.

3. I added Red and Green LED lights to my White/Blue Mini trees in the yard.

4. I also rebuilt-designed new Danomite lights. Last year the freezing temps made the cat5 wire brittle and with them moving back and forth constantly caused the wires to break and therefore the lights were erratic. I have sense redesigned them with no moving wires! so I hope that fixes them this year.

I still have a ton of work to do: Wire harnesses, Pole lights, setup, sequencing. etc.

That's all I've been able to add. I wanted to add some CCB's but didn't have the money or time. Maybe next year...

I still have a ton of sequencing to do, but all I'm doing is adding new items to existing songs. No new songs this year. :(

So that brings you guys up to speed on what I've been doing.

What has everyone else been up to?

I am in the same boat as well. I took a break from it over the summer and I find myself now scrabbling to get everything set up/running.

• The topic was locked