Light-O-Rama Forums

The Media Whore Strikes Again!

jimswinder

The West Seattle Herald (local paper) and The Seattle Channel were out today while I was setting up lights...

It was a BEAUTIFUL sunny day in Seattle, so had to take advantage of it!!!

http://www.westseatt...ed-light-and-wo

and an earlier posting in the West Seattle Blog

http://westseattlebl...tle-lights-2012

Hope everyone is on schedule for a FANTASTIC holiday season...because I'm not!!! LOL

Edited by jimswinder

Did the megatrees work this year or were they laying down on the job again? =)

Oh..you quit Facebook but here you decide to show up to "cut my trees down"!!! LOL :P

Was quite windy when I put them up...but so far still standing, though I only have my mast erected for my 12 ribbon CCR tree. Will add the ribbons closer to opening night.

Yep, no politikin' or loud an' obnoxious comments allowed here.. besides, no one on FB has MT's tha' wont stay up :D

I'd be really curious to see if anyone has done a wind-loading study on the ribbons.. one by itself is prob not too much, but put 12 to 16 in the wind.. :ph34r:

Jim you are lucky to live in a metro area. It is hard to get decent press coverage here but I will have the local paper giving me some coverage.

Where do you live? In Idaho I am guessing- with the BSU profile pic..?

I think the media needs some help :) they wrote

the first official show will happen the night after Thanksgiving, Nov. 24 at 7:00pm

but the night after thanksgiving is nov 23

Oh..you quit Facebook but here you decide to show up to "cut my trees down"!!! LOL :P

so thats how the mega tree fell down TJ cut it down now would that still be the winder curse or would it be the curse of TJ :P

Edited by TitusCarnathan

I think the media needs some help :) they wrote

but the night after thanksgiving is nov 23

Yeah..I told them about that and some other typos...guess they did not fix that one...

• The topic was locked