Light-O-Rama Forums

Cheap LED strip lights from Ebay

keith5885

Are any of these worth it?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=led+lights+waterproof&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=led+lights+waterproof+red&_sacat=0

So cheap but they need a power supply right? What else is the issue with them?

I have columns I want to wrap them around. Or I may just buy the old LED String lights or even incandescents.

mBb3oZs-aVRMrVWVd9xZxmg.jpg

Do you know what kind of battery would work with these? I'd like to have some to light my ferris wheel and carousel with. Since they both move I can't use lights that have to be plugged in to electricty.

Are any of these worth it?

http://www.ebay.com/...of red&_sacat=0

So cheap but they need a power supply right? What else is the issue with them?

I have columns I want to wrap them around. Or I may just buy the old LED String lights or even incandescents.

mBb3oZs-aVRMrVWVd9xZxmg.jpg

the listing says they are ip20 protected.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code

i have never seen lights with that low of a rating.

we normally have lights that are ip65 to ip68.

if that is there true rating, you better protect them in something.

They are good lights, I have many for outdoor landscaping. But 1, bending around columns like you intended to do will break them faster than you can buy them, And 2, They are NOT waterproof, water will get into them if you have an extended period of hard rain.

These are best used for straight, vertical/horizontal applications and stored on the spools they come with. Also, its best if you get the NON waterproof ones and put them inside some tubing, or thin walled PVC, because the silicone coating on the "waterproof" version yellows very quickly.

These are best used for straight, vertical/horizontal applications and stored on the spools they come with. Also, its best if you get the NON waterproof ones and put them inside some tubing, or thin walled PVC, because the silicone coating on the "waterproof" version yellows very quickly.

I've seen this mentioned before about putting these type of lights in PVC tubing ....Is the PVC clear? cuz first thing comes to mind is PVC Pipe at places like HD......Or is this a special on line product

If you do a search for topics I started, you should be able to find your answers. TJ had a post on a topic that I saw and asked him about it. He suggested PEX cold water pipe in clear and you can use screw in spring broom clips to mount them. I am going to use his method next year as it is too late for me to try and get them sequenced into my display now. Good luck and I hope it works out. If I had the time, my garage doors would be outlined with them as we'll.

• The topic was locked