Light-O-Rama Forums

1st year display starting with over 1600 channels..

Daryl Hurd

I can never start something small and doing Christmas lights is going to be no exception... I am starting out with over 1600 RGB channels spanning 4 Universes for my first display.

So far I am just days away from being 100% built and setup. Then testing should be done by Dec 1st and I will be live...

Crossing my fingers that I have not made too many mistakes along the way..

Here is my RGB display..

30 CoroStars from Holiday Coro using dumb pixels...

5 Candy CoroCanes from Holiday Coro using WS2801 Pixels

170 enclosed stars from RGBStars.com using WS2801 Pixels

2 Mini Mega Trees each 166 pixels using WS2801 Pixels

Good luck - share some video when you can.

I remember the days when someone had 150 channels and we thought that was just insane ;)

I remember the days when someone had 150 channels and we thought that was just insane ;)

I'm thinking I should go back to 150 channels. Life would be that much easier. :lol:

Yea. My year round landscape lighting is currently slated at 170 channels (mostly RGB). This year for Christmas I will add (I think), 900 RGB pixels and a couple other things. Although this year will be animation only because I have spent so much time on my landscaping project I have not had time to sequence. I can throw some animation sequences pretty quickly. Next year.....