Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie Mini Trees

PelicanBay

Hi Everybody. Brand new to all of this. Been contemplating for two years and finally make the jump. I have my design all laid out and am ready to start my mini trees.

I have eight trees with three strands of lights on each tree, BGW. I just figured out that I really need 24 channels to get them to function the way I really want but this year I will have to do with 8 channels. I have the other 8 already assigned. Can any one offer any suggestions on how to "wow" the neighborhood? I know I am very limited with 16 channels but I just want it to look the best possible. Also, does anyone have a sequence of wizards of winter that they would be willing to share for the 16 channel box?

Thank you in advance!

Chris

Chris, welcome to the addiction.. I spent 4+ yrs in Daytona (Riddle)..

As for channels and minitrees.. you've got the math right.. 24ch for BGW, tho unless you're using LEDs, I would not use blue as it fades.. a lot.. Red, green, white are th' most used colors, but everyone has their own choices..

What does your layout sheet look like? What areas are you trying to do? Roof outline, bushes, trees, as well as the minitrees? Decide what you want to do (along with the minis) and assign those areas.. ie: if you have 4 rooflines, several bushes.. I would figure out what I want to light without the minitrees, then use just 8 channels for a single color of minitrees,, white.. another 16ch would make it easier, but more is not always better. As this is the middle of the first week of Nov, time is short to make a real whiz-bang show. Do simple now (using just 8 single color trees) and plan more for next year.

As for 16ch sequences, there are many available in the Seq section, just look thru, also, do a Google Search for "free (or shared) lor seqeunces" You;ll find quite a few!

I'm working on the seq a little at a time right now.. I'll hopefully finish in a week or two(I don't get but 30 min a day to work on it) and can share with you afterwards if you are still in need.

Edited by Brandon.n.h