Light-O-Rama Forums

MiniRDS software not saving configuration

iflights

Just received my EDM w/RDS transmitter. All is fine there. The issue I noticed is that the setup configuration of the MiniRDS software is not saved...thus the next time I start the MiniRDS software, I have to re-enter all the configuration parameters like Com port, enabling RDS, and the txt file name and location where the data will be found, etc,,,

Cannot find mention of this issue in any forum (LOR, DIYC, EDM) anywhere,

Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

I believe the MiniRDS software stores your configuration in a file in the directory you launch from. If you are launching it from a temp directory, or one where you don't have write access to, the settings won't be saved.

I believe the MiniRDS software stores your configuration in a file in the directory you launch from. If you are launching it from a temp directory, or one where you don't have write access to, the settings won't be saved.

Thanks, Mike, that was exactly it. The miniRDS directory was read-only. It came out of the compressed zip that way. Thanks again.

Thanks, Mike, that was exactly it. The miniRDS directory was read-only. It came out of the compressed zip that way. Thanks again.

Yup... Mike rocks!

A priceless asset to our community.

tj