Light-O-Rama Forums

sequence location

lightfan

I have created a few sequences, when i wanted to upload them to create my show I noticed two were not there, I found the two under the "recent sequences" where as the other ones were in the "existing sequences", Im not sure how this happened but I would like to know if there is any way to move them where i need them, and make sure i dont make this mistake in the future,

Thanks

Jim

Guest Don Gillespie

I believe you are opening up the sequence editor and it is showing you recent sequences and then if you go to the pull down tab it is showing you existing sequences, get out of those just hit cancel and open up your sequence editor that is where all your sequences should be.

If your in the simple show builder it looks in you LOR default Sequence folder not in any sub folders so move the sequences to the main folder or out of subfolders and you should see them.

P.S.

hope this makes sense it did in my head.

Edited by MCas4380

"recent" are the ones you have worked on and changed recently, "existing" are all of your sequences.

Edited by shfr26

I have created a few sequences, when i wanted to upload them to create my show I noticed two were not there, I found the two under the "recent sequences" where as the other ones were in the "existing sequences", Im not sure how this happened but I would like to know if there is any way to move them where i need them, and make sure i dont make this mistake in the future,

Thanks

Jim

How this happened, if I am understanding your issue, you have 4 sequences, 2 ended up only in the "Recent Sequences" and were not saved in your "Existing Sequences".

How this happens is if you open the Recent Sequences and then save a sequence you may have just created, it will be saved in the Recent Sequences, but NOT in the Existing Sequences directory. Whenever you are working on a new or existing sequence, make sure the SE is in the Existing Sequence Directory option, otherwise the sequence DOES NOT get saved in your default sequence folder you set up, but ends up in the Recent Sequence folder. This is why you won't find those other sequences in the correct folder.

This has happened to me a time or two, reloaded a recent sequence from that folder, then created a new sequence, but forgot to go back to the "existing sequence" option, my new sequence was saved in the recent sequences folder and NOT in my existing sequences or default sequence folder.

It's an easy mistake to make, you just need to copy the missing sequences from the Recent Sequences folder to your Existing {Default} Sequences folder and you'll be good to go,

NOTE: You will have to move them outside the SE as you can't move them from the SE, but you can use Save As and then browse to your default folder and resave them there. But you;d still need to get out of the SE to delete them from recent sequence folder, but I would just leave those there.

Hope this may be of some help.