Light-O-Rama Forums

going for it!lol

PeKu

Hey everyone,

just got my controllers today..first timer and im going for it...two controllers one going on a mega tree and the other on the house and bushes...I bought three pre-done songs and with a little plagerism and sleepless nights ive got three others done...soooo naturally im getting nervous and have a few question. My contollers are the 30amp with two plugs,ill come nowhere near power capacity and im wondering if i can reconfigure to a single plug 15amp version?This will make setup so much easier. i would like to have a two or three minute break in between songs and im wondering if anyone would be willing to share a simple sequence that just has the lights randomly running through a "soft rolling" sequnce? I know im biting off a lot for a first timer but im very confident im gonna be ok..im mildly obssesive to say the least hahaha

Thanks for any help

Welcome the insanity.

You can remove one power cord altogether. Make sure that you have a neutral jumper between the 2 banks, it is best to do this with one set of the neutrals that are side by side. Then you can take a hot wire and there is specific jumper terminals labeled on the controller board. They are by the fuses. Jumper the hot from those connectors. If you look at the CTB16PC manual it is described there.

Look at page 12 in this manual:

http://www.lightorama.com/PDF/CTB16PC_Man_Web.pdf

Setting up the soft rolling effect you describe is easy, Just do fade up and down over several seconds, Do a copy, then paste multiple and select the horizontal to the end of the sequence.

Good luck.

Thanks...yeah I have a very secure hard case like a suitcase I'm going to mount the controllers in to keep out of the elements and run a small powerbar between..I have limited outside plugs so my original thought was to use the one GFI but this setup should work.it'll save redoing the plugs when I up my show next year...

Zman thanks for the tip. I've gotten fairly good at finding my way around the software so that should be a quick sequence...uuuggghhh why do I have to be a Halloween freak too..hahaha

Cheers guys!

If I understand correctly, you can simply plug both plugs into the same outlet. This would give you the 15 amps instead of the 30 without additional work. If this is not correct let me know as that is what I have planned on some of my controllers.

You can do this, but as you grow, unless you need to have both banks at 15 amps, you will be glad you only have one plug per controller. Believe me.

Edited by zman

Hey everyone,

just got my controllers today..first timer and im going for it...two controllers one going on a mega tree and the other on the house and bushes...I bought three pre-done songs and with a little plagerism and sleepless nights ive got three others done...soooo naturally im getting nervous and have a few question. My contollers are the 30amp with two plugs,ill come nowhere near power capacity and im wondering if i can reconfigure to a single plug 15amp version?This will make setup so much easier. i would like to have a two or three minute break in between songs and im wondering if anyone would be willing to share a simple sequence that just has the lights randomly running through a "soft rolling" sequnce? I know im biting off a lot for a first timer but im very confident im gonna be ok..im mildly obssesive to say the least hahaha

Thanks for any help

You can check out these videos for an animation sequence. http://www.youtube.com/user/LightORamaVideos If you need any help shoot me a PM.

• Like 1

thanks for the feedback guys!.controllers are all set and tested show ready to go..my den looks like santas workshop and my wife has hung a straight jacket on the door...think shes trying to tell me something?...hahaha