Light-O-Rama Forums

Silly Questions

blacertosa

Just finished modifying my 1st 2 sequences. They are saved as .lms files. In trying to use the simple start show builder, but it is looking for.las files. How do I create those?

.las files are animation files that the SE creates when you use that option. ,las files contain no music. So if you're using music in your show, it needs to be the ,lms file. The SSB SHOULD be able to locate and use these files as long as they are in your SEQUENCES directory, but they need to be in the ROOT of the sequence directory as the SSB DOES NOT and WILL NOT find these files anywhere else. It is the only directory the SSB looks in for the sequence files.

So if your sequence directory is say C;|LOR\Sequences and you have a subfolder like this: C:\LOR\SEQUENCERS\2012_Christmas

You need to copy all the lms files from the \2012_Christmas to the Sequences main directory and your SSB should find them. Make sure you check ALL FILES or it will only find 16 or 32 channel sequences, depending on which one is selected.

Also are you using a PC or Director unit to run your shows, not that this should make any difference, as long as your sequences are in the correct folder for the SSB to find them, .lms or .las files should be found.

Good Luck and hope this gets you up and running.

Edited by Orville
  • Like 1

Thank you very much, that part works. Now I all I have to do is mount the LOR, run the extension cords, move the computer, and hope that it all works.

Thanks!

The SSB SHOULD be able to locate and use these files as long as they are in your SEQUENCES directory, but they need to be in the ROOT of the sequence directory as the SSB DOES NOT and WILL NOT find these files anywhere else. It is the only directory the SSB looks in for the sequence files.

So if your sequence directory is say C;|LOR\Sequences and you have a subfolder like this: C:\LOR\SEQUENCERS\2012_Christmas

You need to copy all the lms files from the \2012_Christmas to the Sequences main directory and your SSB should find them.

Ah ha! I learned something new. I had some free time yesterday, thanks to Hurricane Sandy, and got my first song finished. I loaded up the SSB for the first time, and couldn't find my sequence. I had no idea why. But it's in a subfolder. I'll be moving all my sequences to the main folder.

Ah ha! I learned something new. I had some free time yesterday, thanks to Hurricane Sandy, and got my first song finished. I loaded up the SSB for the first time, and couldn't find my sequence. I had no idea why. But it's in a subfolder. I'll be moving all my sequences to the main folder.

I ran into the same problem when I first started as well. Then I copied the files {not moved them} from the subfolder to the main root Sequences folder and evertything was found.

I keep the Originals in the folder I use and just copy them when needed to the main sequence folder, that way I don't mess up any of the originals and in case something would happen, I'd have the sequences to recopy and redo the show if needed.

Even if you use the Director units to run your show and use the SSB for creating the show, you still need to copy the files over to the main Sequences directory.

I think this is one of the most common issues with new folks coming in and trying to use the SSB. It would be nice if the SSB COULD browse to where your files are, but was told then it wouldn't be a "simple" show builder.

But personally I *do* see a need for a browse option in the SSB, as I do believe that would prevent this very common issue from re-occuring, But that's just my opinion. FWIW.

Edited by Orville

Thank you very much, that part works. Now I all I have to do is mount the LOR, run the extension cords, move the computer, and hope that it all works.

Thanks!

No problem. It's the most common issue for most new folks coming into this.