Light-O-Rama Forums

How to video a show

mackdave

I am trying to video a show and I am having trouble with the audio sounding good. I am using a fm transmitter, but I don't have a audio input on my video camera. Is there software or some other trick yall would suggest?

Many programs can be used, personally I use adobe premiere which cost a great amount. I am most certain though you can use windows movie maker or any video editing software such as Sony Vegas which is another fav of mine

Sony Vegas and Adobe Premier are great powerful programs BUT their quite expensive and have a fairly streep learning curve, If it's something your going to use on a periodic basis like most of us I would recomend AVS Editor http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Editor.aspx

I've been using it for 3yrs now and it does most of the stuff that we need .....It's very easy to use and I think the cost is around $50...Although Windows Movie maker comes with the system, to me it leaves a lot to be desired.

Sony Vegas and Adobe Premier are great powerful programs BUT their quite expensive and have a fairly streep learning curve, If it's something your going to use on a periodic basis like most of us I would recomend AVS Editor http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Editor.aspx

I've been using it for 3yrs now and it does most of the stuff that we need .....It's very easy to use and I think the cost is around $50...Although Windows Movie maker comes with the system, to me it leaves a lot to be desired.

I use Pinnacle Studio which is cost effective at about $50, but it only has one line for placing video - meaning that when I want to add a clip in the middle of a scene, I have to cut out a gap and then try to get the clip to fit in the space while maintaining timing.

I would rather have a program where I can put q clip on a separate line and line it up in timing, and then combine the two at break marks. (Hopefully I'm explaining this right)

Any suggestions? Does AVS Editor do that???

Jay: Yes it does let you put in seperate audio it has it's own line for that, in fact you can even mix the audio file and the audio from your video together if you would have need for that............ and I haven't used this feature but you could do voice recording...........I think you can do a free download and it's fully functional for approx 30 days

I forgot to mention they have on lline tutorials, you might want to watch them and see if it suits you needs.

Edited by gmac

Jay: Yes it does let you put in seperate audio it has it's own line for that, in fact you can even mix the audio file and the audio from your video together if you would have need for that............ and I haven't used this feature but you could do voice recording...........I think you can do a free download and it's fully functional for approx 30 days

I forgot to mention they have on lline tutorials, you might want to watch them and see if it suits you needs.

Did you mean to say two separate VIDEO lines? What I am looking for is having two video lines to mix together. Pinnacle also has the audio tracks/lines you mention for separate audio, sound effects, and voice overs. I just want two (or more) video lines.

Thanks for the clarification! Jay

Did you mean to say two separate VIDEO lines? What I am looking for is having two video lines to mix together. Pinnacle also has the audio tracks/lines you mention for separate audio, sound effects, and voice overs. I just want two (or more) video lines.

I know the pricy program I mentions has 3 video/audio lines. I'm not familiar with anything else such as AVS mentioned above. For $50 it should have that option though.

Jay: I guess I misunderstood you ...........I never had to do 2 video lines, anyway I checked the program and it has

1 line for main video

1 line for Video effects

1 line for video overlays

Maybe the line for video overlays is what you might need, Sorry I can't be more help.

On all of my videos i just sit in my car and turn up the radio to record.You can see how it sounds by going to my site and watch the videos.

Jay: I guess I misunderstood you ...........I never had to do 2 video lines, anyway I checked the program and it has

1 line for main video

1 line for Video effects

1 line for video overlays

Maybe the line for video overlays is what you might need, Sorry I can't be more help.

Ok. Thanks.

I'll look for the features and post what I find if there is a cost effective solution.

I am trying to video a show and I am having trouble with the audio sounding good. I am using a fm transmitter, but I don't have a audio input on my video camera. Is there software or some other trick yall would suggest?

I use AVS4YOU. Easy to learn and cheap. The tough part is overlaying the audio to exactly match the original.

Here is a trick to help.

Use any audio edit program and add a couple of seconds to the beginning of your audio track before sequencing (if you have already sequenced you would need to use the new audio track and manually sync the audio and video. Just before the song starts add a very HIGH or very low tone (audiocity makes this easy). If the tone is high enough or low enough your speakers can not reproduce it but it is easy to see in the wave form.

Set a light or a couple of lights to go on for a very short flash at the same time as the tone.

After you record the video, use your video edit program and remove the recorded audio and overlay the original sound that has the tone, you will need a video edit program that has a waveform.

Line up the key light (skew the audio)with the spike you generated in the audio track by skewing forward or back ward.

You will have a new file that has the video and audio in proper sync.

This will allow you to completely ignore any audio while you are recording. I make verbal notes during the recording to use later.

Sounds a little complicated but is actually very easy, and you get perfect audio at the proper volume and no distracting background noise.