Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie Effect Programming Question

Guest guest

Just finishing my first major sequence (got my first 4 controllers and can't WAIT to get them all assembled and tested!)...

Question: can shimmer or twinkle be faded out? I'm sure it's simple and y'all who've done this way longer than me are thinking "duh!" (grin).

I want to shimmer my minis and have them fade out at the end of the song but I'm not quite sure how to accomplish that. I tried re-setting the intensity setting and selecting a 1-second segment each time (in essence "fading" from 100% down to 0)... but the animation still shows the shimmer at full...

I'm totally blocking on this one... thanks to any and all who have an idea! :]

jmeckley wrote:

Question: can shimmer or twinkle be faded out? I'm sure it's simple and y'all who've done this way longer than me are thinking "duh!" (grin).

With LOR I, you can not fade a shimmer or twinkle with a regular command.

Now, there are ways to simulate the fading of a twinkle or fade. However, I don't have an example with me, so I'll have to try and explain.

Create a timing grid (in the area you want to fade down) made up of very small timing segments. (.04 or .02) Now, create a fade down across this time. Then go back and remove random parts of the fade. I used this technique in some of my 06 videos. (Hippo for Christmas was on of them.)