Light-O-Rama Forums

GFI for outside power?

Quad

Getting a few reports about this thread.

The GFCI topic will, on a large number of occasions, generate many responses. Please, keep them civil, or the thread will be removed.

William I think this is more like round 20 or something but this is the last time I am doing this I will not be in argument 21...

I think I can end this argument once and for all because I am done on this topic on this message board

GFCI you need one becasue

+Legally required

+it provides Safety for

+++People

+++Equipment

if you dont want one then fine

-its not to code

-Damage may result to People and equipment

If you have one triping then there is a problem fix it dont get rid of the gfci

Thank you if you have any questions at all PM me

and as I said earlier I am sorry for careing about peoples safety and well being I will no longer do that on this board

thank you and God Bless :)

and as I said earlier I am sorry for careing about peoples safety and well being I will no longer do that on this board

thank you and God Bless :)

Oh and as per my previous post as a Christan I could not stop careing about people and their safety so until the day comes that I get booted you will continue to hear from the cheif nitpicker when it comes to safety

Well no more issues, found out while out looking some things over one of my neighbors IS also an electrician. He just happened to have a spare GFCI that he gave me to replace the defective one. So all is now back to normal operating and "legal".

Next time I'm NOT saying anything and just going to "keep it to myself" about having to temporarily use another method for short term fix that should have still been able to keep folks safe until the permanent fix could be accomplished. Which has now been done. Sorry no more popcorn..... :P

Yes GFCI does work that way. My kitchen is wired so that all the outlets go thru the GFCI... in fact the plugs are designed to work that way.

Drew

when he posted it I though he was refering that he connected it before the gfci not after it

edited to fix spelling errors

Edited by TitusCarnathan

Ok, well I mean calm down. I think this thread is about talking how we have GFCI setup not if it's worth it or if it's code... Sounded to me that decision was already made. Ya know sometimes people just want to talk about things. =)

it's all good.

Drew

FWIW, this is from the OP: "Should I go with GFI or just a standard circuit breaker on each line?"

I personally think it's hugely important to educate people on the importance of GFCIs!

thanks gifford for pointing that out to him

Well I tried to think of a better way to say this but this is what I come up with

I took care of everything I realized that my ignore list was empty so I checked my account on chatroom.lightorama.com and copied those names and I also added a few here tonight

for the people on my Ignore list I am sorry I am tired of this krap where you try to help someone and you get treated like you are being rude no wonder people are leaving the forums they try to help and get the 3rd degree as my sig says If my post happen to upset anybody please add me to your ignore list as I probably have added you already for those of you that did nonthing have no fear I am always happy to help you

OH and one more thing the reason I add NEC codes is for reference purposes do you know why codes are there and what makes a code a code

they are there because normally something happend that resulted in a code being created that is why I do it for peoples safety

IF me giving safety advice ticks people off then so be it

Thank you and God Bless :)

sorry if this post is not civil

Edited by TitusCarnathan