Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR-II Compatibility

Guest guest

Just curious as to whether or not sequences created in LOR-II will be compatible with the current version? Also, while I can't imagine it being so - there's no problem upgrading current sequences to the new format, right?

I'm pretty sure it is both ways...I know that the 1.6.1/3 sequences will work with LORII, but I'm not 100% sure...cuz ya know, there are like DMX channels, or maybe different effects that aren't availible in our current version

Since some of the LOR-II features aren't in LOR-I, I'm just wondering if the sequences themselves will work in both. (As in: LOR-I will just ignore any unsupported features.)

Once a sequence file has been upgraded to LOR II, it will not run on hardware using the LOR I platform.

If I remember what Dan said, the software will create a backup copy of the sequence in case you want to roll back.

Sequence files created in LOR II will not play on LOR I hardware.

Don wrote:

If I remember what Dan said, the software will create a backup copy of the sequence in case you want to roll back.

This is good practice for you to do this manually anyway. Back to BACK UP, BACKUP, BACK UP

We won't be able to daisy chain the LOR I and LOR II? I was hoping it would be a simple as choosing the controller option in the drop down box as to what will be operating on each channel. What am I to do with the "old" LOR box? I just have the 16 channels now and am interested in not only adding channels to my display but also servos and dmx to allow for fog and snow machines. Just adding the new LOR DMX converter to what I have now would easily allow me to add "non-smart" DMX and limit the abilities of the "smart" dmx, which is fine for now, but... (Although I'm not ready to go as far as Q-Spots or the like right now), I figured why limit my horizons and just wait for the LOR II. Now I'm wondering... Trying to make up my mind to buy LOR I controllers and iDMX32 during the sale now or just hold out for the LOR II.

sadayo wrote:

We won't be able to daisy chain the LOR I and LOR II? I was hoping it would be a simple as choosing the controller option in the drop down box as to what will be operating on each channel. What am I to do with the "old" LOR box?
I figured why limit my horizons and just wait for the LOR II. Now I'm wondering... Trying to make up my mind to buy LOR I controllers and iDMX32 during the sale now or just hold out for the LOR II.

You are going to use the hardware utility to update the LOR controller to LORII, just like everyone else. Your old hardware will not be obsolete.

Buy now, during the sale. When LORII comes out, your hardware will work just fine.

• 3 weeks later...

As Don said, the LORII sequence files will not be compatable with LORI software.

LOR I sequences will work with LOR II software.As a matter of fact, if you have your LOR I shows ready to go and install LOR II, everyting will continue to run.

However once you make a change to a LOR I sequence using the LOR II Sequence Editor you cannot go back to LOR I.

The main reason we did not allow the ability for you to go back to LOR I is that LOR II has many features that cannot be represented in a LOR I sequence file. A considerable amount of information would have to be lost in the conversion back to LOR I.

As Don said, a backup copy of your LOR I sequence is a automatically created for you but as others have said, it is good practice to make your own backups. A crashed disk can loose tons of work.

is there any way you can provide an 'unofficial' list of possible adds to LOR II?

with FULL understanding that what you say may or may not be included...just possibilities

(if you havent already and i missed it...if i did can you point me to where it would be)