Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween Show is OVER.

Abagpiper5

Since we are in the direct path of Sandy and close to the shore, I have decided to take it down. They are predicting heavy Rain, high winds, and power outages for up to 7 to 10 days in some places.

So even if the rain slows down for Halloween, we might not have power.

That blows... No pun intended.

But it is best to be safe than to be sorry in these kinds of situations.

Stay safe.

• Like 1

I live on the Coast in Lynn Ma, my Display i am hoping will stay in place with all the Hooks and such plastering mine in place, so as long as i got Power my Show will Go on, Granted i could look at the point that no one knows my show exists yet, (Hate dead end streets ) But love them all at the same time, I'll be outsaide with my ghost sheets waiting for the wind to blow me away. Good luck and be safe, For we may of Kidnapped Mr Sandy Clause Last year well this year Mrs Sandy clause is coming for us.

Sandy pretty much tore mine to pieces and I'm in Ohio. All my tombstones are broken in half, and my fencing was all torn up out of the ground. I had to do some 911 emergency tieing down of my Monster faces hanging on my house because they were swinging out and crashing back into the house.

I'm hoping to repair the tomb stones and have the show going for Trick or Treat on Wednesday if all holds out!

Well SAndy came and Went and all i learned is my Driveway ARch was missing a darn screw so it came loose in one spot but still worked last night

No Sandy here in California but one of my tombstones blew away. Walked up and down the street looking for it and its gone!

Such a bummer after all that hard work. I hope that not having the show is the least of your worries. I am too out in California. A few years back we were having great weather but got hit with a power outage at 7pm on Halloween night. It really brought things to a halt quick. I have a generator now, just in case.

I took 90% of my display down a few days ago, thinking we were going to get hit by 60+ MPH winds and tropical rains, well...we had 30+ mph winds. and yes we got the rains and it hasn't stopped raining for days now

But my Halloween display is over for this year.

I'm now in Christmas mode

What this storm has taught me is that I need to buy more bullets and to be even more energy independent. People are too dependent on the Government to save and provide for them.

I had 6, 70ft plus trees fall. 2 on my house that caused a lot of damage to my roof, 1 into my pool, 2 across the road and into my neighbors yard and one across the fence into my other neighbors yard. I am just blessed that my family and neighbors are safe and we all help to clean up each others property. The reports of looting in the areas that you wouldn't think of people doing is sickening. In a time of need, people should help one another, not take advantage of others.

After listening to the radio and hearing all the complainers, one must wonder what would happen if we lost power for 6 month or more?

• Like 1