Light-O-Rama Forums

Timing Conflict

Tod632

Ok so i have 3 sequences, first one is lights on steady second is my music sequence for 4 mins. third sequence is lights on steady. I cannot seem to set the schedule editor to do the second sequence to run every hour. I keep getting start conflicts unless I put 5 mins between them. I would like to run about 30 seconds between them. Help! thanks in advance!

Are you running this from a computer, showtime director, or mini-director? What version (and license level) of software are you running?

How long are the sequences?

Are you wanting a single song to run at the top of the hour, and nothing but static lights the rest of the time?

I am running this from a laptop,Version3.6.0 not sure where to find the license info from. There will be a single song every hour, before and after will be lights on.

Example: first sequence starts at 530 till 7 then 2nd at 7:01to 7:05 then static to 7:59 ,8:00 to 8:04 1st sequence again and ETC.

Thanks!

I would say that you want to build 3 shows. Then use the show scheduler and schedule the shows when you want them to run. Now you have to know the precise time that each show takes.

I do something very similar. I have one show which consists of all of my musical sequences followed by one animation sequence. The animation sequence is all of the lights on and it repeats for a long time. I then schedule this show to run from 7:00 to 7:59, again from 8:00 to 8:59, etc. So what happens is the musical sequences start at 7:00. When they are done the animation sequences starts. At 8:00 LOR shuts down the show. Because it is an animation sequence running, it shuts down immiedately (not waiting for the end of a song). Then immediately the 8:00 show starts. The resullt is a 30-40 minute show on the hour with the lights on the rest of the time.

What Rick said got me thinking. I run a musical show every evening. And then start a anamation after the show till morning. And I too end my show @ 59 minutes after the hour and start on the hour. Wondering if that is the issue? Rebuild your show and end on say 29 or 59 minutes after the hour. Start your shows on the hour or say 30 minutes after the hour. I remember that there was another quirk with the show ending after or on mid-night (12AM).

I remember that there was another quirk with the show ending after or on mid-night (12AM).

The only reason I remember this, is because I remember taking a phone call about it from a customer of mine. This was in the 2.7.x series (forget which one) of software. There was a bug wherein a Saturday show ending at midnight would cause a problem. (Either the show wouldn't run, or crash. Would have to look back to see.)

Tod632 - What version of software are you running?

The only reason I remember this, is because I remember taking a phone call about it from a customer of mine. This was in the 2.7.x series (forget which one) of software. There was a bug wherein a Saturday show ending at midnight would cause a problem. (Either the show wouldn't run, or crash. Would have to look back to see.)

Tod632 - What version of software are you running?

My show computer is Version 3.4.0 and I run a landscape lighting "show" every night. The overnight show starts at 2300 and runs until it gets light in the morning (have to adjust the end time every couple weeks). Never had a problem with it.