Light-O-Rama Forums

My first outdoor Halloween setup

Jay Czerwinski

We moved in to this home 5 months ago and all of my prior LOR setups were for indoor only. I REALLY appreciate the work I have read about from all of you in hard weather states!!!

It took some time to get 1/3 of my lights set up on this new home -- while my patient and understanding wife (very loving) let me do this while we have a 5 month old baby.

We have TWO overlapping HOAs on this property and we are lucky that the community is really accepting the new display and I hear they have contests where I will meet new LOR friends soon enough!!

And, funny enough, I never heard of Gangnam Style until I began to work on sequences just two weeks ago.

THANK YOU to everyone in this forum for sharing all of your ideas, wisdom, opinions, (sarcasms), and mistakes. You ALL have a little bit of spirit in my work and I am thankful for that.

I have 6 sequences running now, but here is the popular one!

64 LOR Channels

2 CCRs

400' light rope

2000' extension cords

20 Strobes

looks great how big is your singing skull and go on tell me how zip ties on your spider web ???

looks great how big is your singing skull and go on tell me how zip ties on your spider web ???

The skull head is nearly 8' tall and wide. The web and the skull face were inside of my living room last year -- makes me appreciate how spacious my last home was.

The spider web probably has 150-200 zip ties in it. I bought a zip tie puller/cutter tool that really helps, but it still requires some hand labor and leaves me with sore fingers at the end of the day.

I really do like the spider web. I may try that next year. Is that all rope light?

Torqumada

The web is all rope light - 2 spools cut to lengths. The key is to build a web of wire first and then zip tie to the wire. The rope light would probably fail under the stress.

Also, where the wire attaches to the trees I used inline springs so the trees can sway in the wind. Ground points were attached to those dog leash anchors that screw in to the ground.

Great job,. I to really like the spider web.

Thank you and to others. Next year (I fantasize about this year!) I will light the spider. Probably wont do it, but would be cute to have a tiny singing face on it!!