Light-O-Rama Forums

Mini Tree 1 of 10 is done...

TheUltimate

This year they will be red. Next year I will add another color or two to each tree for that color changing effect.

photo-1.jpg

those look great,but did you think of using tomato cages. i like the idea Iam sure those will break down for storage,but man setting 10 of those up every year would be a pain. and a real pain once you add more colors

It actually wasn't bad to string the lights. The trees will slip over rebar posts for added strength. Tomato cages didn't give me the look I wanted and I wanted something that would store flat

Edited by TheUltimate

Storage and easy setup are my two top things. Mini fit this very well. Now I need a mega tree that does not take 6 hours to setup.

• Like 1

Storage and easy setup are my two top things. Mini fit this very well. Now I need a mega tree that does not take 6 hours to setup.

My old one took an hour or two, depending what you count. I'm hoping the new one will be even quicker. We shall soon see...

My old one took an hour or two, depending what you count. I'm hoping the new one will be even quicker. We shall soon see...

I need to see this design. Please share it when your done.

Jeff your

Jeff, your Mega only takes 6 hours to set up? Lucky you.

I designate tress this way:

Under 3ft - Mini

Under 6ft - Midi

Over 6ft - Mega

Others will disagree, but this is how I label them in my sequnces.

There will actually be 10 Mini Trees like this 4- 54", 2- 48", 2- 42", and 2- 36". I was able to get all of the frames done today ready to be strung with lights. I also got two of the three snowflake stands done today. Sadly there is still a lot to do before I start setting up next weekend.

photo3.jpg

Very cool. I can't tell from the pictures, what did you use to make it? This is my first year and I used tomato cages, but certainly would love some other ideas.

I need to see this design. Please share it when your done.

Info on the old tree is at http://www.plymouthlights.com/megatree.htm

The new tree shares much of the same structural elements, but will be pixels, which means less cords to plug in (hence the time savings). Some initial info is at http://www.plymouthlights.com/megatree2.htm and will be fleshed out as the season progresses...

• The topic was locked