Light-O-Rama Forums

Strobes

columbus27

Does anyone have any strobes for sale or know where I can get some good ones? I want to try them out to see if I like them before I make a large investment in strobes.

Not sure on the video.. but I can tell you that you DO NOT want LED Strobes.. Stick with Xenon.. I also got my strobes from Christmaslightshow.com and they are great and have excellent customer service. I had a couple strobes that didnt work when i tested them and they sent me 3 more no questions asked. GREAT COMPANY!!

What are the really bright White lights that some people have on their displays? For example the ones that cld_Kevin has on the corners of the eves.... they appear to be a bright as stobes but they don't stobe....(of if they so they only flash once)

lmfao-halloween-house-l.jpg

I'm using standard cheap dumb LED floods to emulate Kevin's effect.

As far as strobes, I picked some up from a Fred Meyer, (Kroger everywhere else) today. They are by Seasonal Visions International 5W 55mA 120v AC 60 Hz. Meh... not really impressed, they have a standard light socket base which is ok, but means I have to build a string with both C9 and standard bulb sockets. They are not really bright and just don't have a whole lot of POP when they go off, which is a downside. Yet, I think they will kinda work for my display this year. I have some others I am going to mix them in with. I believe they are 2-3 per sec. I definitely would not choose them again. Also they are NOT sealed by any means. I'm gonna keep them under the eves and out of the rain. They only reason I got them is they were clearancing out the Halloween supplies so they were cheap and I didn't have to worry about shipping or them arriving on time.

The description of the strobes should tell you the speed. One flash per second versus 3-4 flashes per second.

Here's my original review.

Wbottomley I was on your site and I wanted to know, in what situation would a person use a reflective strobe? The video wasn't working.

CrazyDave, sadly no, not like that. I tend to haunt the clearance and discount bins and use whatever I can find that fits my scant budget. The ones I am using are actually some off brand landscape LED spot light. They are corded and have a detatchable lawnstake which I modified to mount to my eves. It's not perfect, nor exactly what I wanted, but for this year they will work.

got mine from jeff over at Illumimax. I realy like them and Jeff is top notch...

sales@illumimax.com

Got my strobes in today from Jeff. Was an easy sell. And I appreciate the help and education on this purchase. I got a great deal on 6 strobes with wire and connectors

• The topic was locked