Light-O-Rama Forums

mDM-MP3

Guest guest

I like the mDM-MP3 but have a few questions. I think I know the answers, but just want to verify what I THINK I know.

1). Can an external timer be used to turn it on and off and will it be able to have the on/off time controlled by a future update similar to that planned for the MP3Director?

2). This unit performs all the same functions as the MP3Director EXCEPT for the actual synchronizing/control of the lights?

3). USB 485 or SC485 is not required?

1) The mDM-MP3 is powered through the RS485 cable by the controller(s) -- a timer on the controller(s) would be needed to turn it on/off or you would have to use one of the switch inputs to turn shows on/off. There is no real time clock in the mDM-MP3 so scheduling is not possible.

2) The mDM-MP3 performs exactly the same function as the DC-MP3 re playing audio files and their animation sequences.

3) A USB485B or a controller (for power) and one of USB485/SC485 would be needed only in the case of a firmware upgrade.

LightORama wrote:

Support of Loops (in animation files) is on the list of improvements but at this time there is no schedule for the release of that feature.

It will still repeat the show on the SD card as long as power is supplied. Correct?

I am trying to see the draw back of the using the mini director vs. the Show Director. I have a show director and love it, I am helping a friend with his firt LOR purchase. I do not want to suggest he spend an extra $100 unless there is good reason.

frhodes wrote:

LightORama wrote:
Support of Loops (in animation files) is on the list of improvements but at this time there is no schedule for the release of that feature.

It will still repeat the show on the SD card as long as power is supplied. Correct?

I am trying to see the draw back of the using the mini director vs. the Show Director. I have a show director and love it, I am helping a friend with his firt LOR purchase. I do not want to suggest he spend an extra $100 unless there is good reason.

Yes it will loop the show