Light-O-Rama Forums

Nothing playing from Sup

Al Saunders

Hey Everyone, finished my first song using SuperStar. Exported it to sequences but cannot play as a stand alone and I added it to the excisting song using 32 channels on standard controllers. The music plays in both but nothing is happening with the CCR's. I have 2 strips and have checked the config on both CCR units and they are as described in the tutorial. Any ideas as to what I'm overlooking?

Thanks,

Al

First go into the hardware utility and see if you can control the first few pixels of each CCR using the slider switches on the console. If you can get that to work, let me know the network and unit Ids of your standard controllers and your CCR controllers.

Also, what version are you running on the Sequence Editor? In the upper left in the title bar it should say something like "v3.7.0 Advanced"

Hi Brian, I am able to control the first few channels as desribed. I also did an example from the CCR manual and did the blue fill. I only have one network and the standard controllers are units 1 and 2. My CCR inits are 5 and 6. I'm running Sequence Editor 3.6.0 basic plus. Thanks

Sounds like you have two 16 channel conrtollers and two CCR controllers, is that correct?

In the exported file there should be a row for each of the CCRs. Click on the little plus sign to expand one of the CCRs, then click on one of the rows in the expansion, it should display a dialog box that shows the Unit Id of the controller that the pixel belongs to. What Unit Id does it show?

That is correct, two 16 channel controllers and two CCR controllers. The unit id is 5 circuits 1, 2 and 3 (RGB). This would be the correct unit id and the name at the top is CCD 05 p1.

On that CCR row that is Unit Id 05, try setting some pixels on. When you play it, does anything happen on your CCR?

If you manually turn on channels for the 16 channel controllers, do they work? If so, try deleting all the channels to the 16 channel controllers by doing a right click on the channel button on the left and selecting "delete channel"

Then see if you can manually turn on channels on the CCRs and get them to respond.

You are only runnning one network right?

Perhaps if you called me at 972-467-0327 this would all go quicker.

Hey Brian, Thanks again for the help. FYI - for anyone reading this. The problem was with my software version Basic Plus it allows you to control 4 controllers. I had set the CCR units to 5 and 6 thinking that maybe down the road I'd add 1 or 2 more standard controllers. The SE for my version allows 4 controllers but it is the FIRST 4 controllers not any 4 controllers found on the network. Thought I'd pass this on.

Later,

Al