Light-O-Rama Forums

Animated Light Shows

LightShowFan

Hi all!

I came across this video online:

and want to create a video like this. Does anyone know of any companies that do this, and how much it would cost for setup and programming and creation for a 3 minute animation roughly?

I'm hoping to decorate my house in Los Angeles.

Thanks so much!

There are quite a few companies that you could choose from.

Start with the LOR Partners page, and look for one near you. That would be a good starting point. (And I do hope you are planning for 2013 at this point. A project of this size for 2012 Halloween would be difficult to impossible to pull of.)

Please do me a favor and come up with something original not a copy cat guy. This follows cracker in California. Plus not to be rude but this song reminds me of

• Like 1

I'll play devils advocate here - There are many displays out there that have some of the same design elements, and use the same songs, as many of the other displays out there. I sure wasn't the first to have a yard grid, nor mini-trees. I wasn't the first to do the Overature song. A fan of lights in the yard? Nope, someone else had it first.

My point is there are going to be similarities in a lot of the displays out there. What's the old saying, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

• Like 1

Hi all!

I came across this video online:

and want to create a video like this. Does anyone know of any companies that do this, and how much it would cost for setup and programming and creation for a 3 minute animation roughly?

I'm hoping to decorate my house in Los Angeles.

Thanks so much!

You're gonna need to do some homework on this forum, this is NOT a plug and play hobby. Besides, it's a lot of money, time and effort just for a three minute show.

• Like 2

To start off I just want to say Welcome to LOR!

Now on to the video, as far as it being a "copy cat" I'm going to have to go with Don here. There are tons of elements that are the same across everyone's shows. This particular video does belong to a member here on the forums MtDew4me and also gives credit to CLD Kevin for helping him on the Today show interview he did. Along with the person (another member of this forum.... Torqumada286 who actually did the mouth sequence for this song and graciously shared it with him. By no means does that undervalue the work that the owner of this video put into his display. Having parts of a sequence from other users and ideas from other users is a huge part of this community and part of what makes this hobby so great. You also have to remember Kevin is now selling his sequences on his website so yes given the success of his display their will be a ton out there now that use his sequencing. Why wouldn't they, his display was awesome!

Now on to the nuts and bolts. This hobby is expensive and time consuming and the amount of work that goes into sequencing a 3 min song is insane. However with all that being said its very rewarding I say do it if it interest you. There are tons of free sequences out there to help you get started. Start small and expand. The video above is not this users first year in the hobby and to achieve that affect takes experience and or a very large wallet. Jump on over to the LOR store and order yourself a starter kit. Download the software and start sequencing and looking through the forums to find free sequences. You can absolutely run a 16 or 32 channel Christmas light show this year if your prepared to put the time into learning how it all works. Dont bite off more than you can chew and dont expect your first show to look like the video above. As others have said its not plug and play and does require trial and error but it can be done. My first year I didnt purchase my first starter kit until the 5th of Nov. I had to take a week off work just to figure it all out and didnt light up until Dec 3rd but I'm glad I did it. Read, watch videos, read so more and good luck!

Edited by harrison0550