Light-O-Rama Forums

How much work would it be

Guest guest

It all depends on how yur mounting it.
If you are mounting it in a LOR enclosure there will be less work than if you mounting it in a custom (you design) enclosure that will probably take longer. If I was starting from scratch and used a LOR enclosure it would probably take about an hour to assemble and wire. I'v also done it a few times now so there's no learning curve.

Razor, is your question about mounting the board or actually buying a kit and putting it together? If it is the latter, the kits deal mostly with soldering.

Mike

I am far from being handy...I usually have leftove parts when I am done putting anything together. I got the kit without soldering and it was very easy! Took maybe a half hour for the first one and less than that for the second.

I mounted them in the LOR cases that were provided.

Good luck,

Whitey

First: Laid the 16PC (with low power heatsink) on mounting plate to mark 8 holes.

Second: Drill the holes. I used 1/8"

3rd: Mount. I used 8 standoffs (from a PC104 kit, but any will do.)

Total time was les than 20 minutes.

I'll add a picture if you wish.

Now wiring took a couple hours. You have to crimp the ends and add your electrical connection on the other end.

razorchristmas wrote:

thanks for the info also MYTHBUSTERS RULE!

I know I watch them every Wednesday at 9:00 on the Discovery Channel (39). I think I have only missed one episode out of all of them. I sometimes wish they would test the myths more thoroughly before saying the myth is busted

Richard III wrote:

razorchristmas wrote:
thanks for the info also MYTHBUSTERS RULE!

I know I watch them every Wednesday at 9:00 on the Discovery Channel (39). I think I have only missed one episode out of all of them. I sometimes wish they would test the myths more thoroughly before saying the myth is busted

Yeah, I question some of their "methods" sometimes. I think a lot of it is lost in the editing process, but still, it's amusing and at least gets you to thinking about things.