Light-O-Rama Forums

Stick Tree Wiring

MikeHeather

Hello:

I bought 5' stick trees, with 350 clear lights, on clearance from Sears after season last year. My plan is to do what Richard Holdman did with his which is add on green and red lights so I'll have 3 channels per tree. Now how does one handle going out on each stick limb without having to retrace back and doubling up the lights? It seems that the lights that came on the tree were built to go out on each limb and not retrace back.

Make sense?

Regrds,

Mike

I think the best light to us is an icicle light, but be prepared, I thought of the same thing and figured out roughly 350 feet of lights. this was a fairly wide bottom on these trees I have.

I learned from asking earlier, if you use the Icicles, you can cut them anywhere they go from three to two wires. Cut there at the two wires spot and add your plugs. That should make it easier for you, it did for me when I was trying to make snowflakes, retracing with regular string lights was nuts, icicle lights made for perfect snowflakes when cut into segments should work the same for tree branches. Just don't forget to seal your cuts.