Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Editor Help

marshyq

Hello all,

I am trying to make a new sequence, and I want to play from selection and I've selected this option. However, in doing so it starts the audio about 5 seconds behind where I've selected, but the sequence plays from where I selected. This is making it REALLY hard to sequence monsters as I have to keep listening to it over and over.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Sounds like your audio file is VBR(Varible Bit Rate) as opposed to CBR(Constant Bit Rate). Check the advanced properties on the audio file itself. If it is VBR, you need to process the audio file through something like Audacity or Nero to change from VBR to CBR

Im Having this same problem. When I play Visible screen only, it is 3 seconds behind than when I play the full sequence. If I create effects using the Visible screen only and the go to the clip board and play the whole sequence nothing matches at all. There is no way to create effects with a sequence if it does this.

If when you play a sequence from the beginning vs playing it at a start point within the sequence, you see a difference in timing, this is usually caused by the type of MP3 file being used. Converting to a constant bit rate (CBR) file will almost always take care of the problem.

We have instructions on how to convert to CBR use the free Audacity program in conjunction with the free LAME MP3 encoder on this page: Preparing MP3 Files for Sequencing

If when you play a sequence from the beginning vs playing it at a start point within the sequence, you see a difference in timing, this is usually caused by the type of MP3 file being used. Converting to a constant bit rate (CBR) file will almost always take care of the problem.

We have instructions on how to convert to CBR use the free Audacity program in conjunction with the free LAME MP3 encoder on this page: http://lightorama.com/Documentation

Hey Mike, I get a 404 error when I click on that link.

Google Audacity it's free also insure you get LAME pretty easy to use. just inport the file and export it as MP3 or WAV it will create a CBR MP3